Photo credit : Emily Christine Photography
We all know that weddings are expensive, and with the average Canadian wedding costing $35,000 who wants to spend out money tipping your vendors!
Here is a guide on who to tip :
- Wedding Reception team - this is usually in the contract you sign when securing your venue. There will be the cost of the food/bar etc, plus gratuities (18-20%) and then tax on top of that. Yes tips are taxable!
- Hair & Makeup team - Same as you would when you get your hair done you should absolutely tip your team between 15-20%
- Transportation - It is customary to tip taxi's and this is no different. Especially if your driver has been with you a number of hours. Standard is 15-20%
With all your other wedding vendors, tips are amazing, but they are optional. Would anyone say I don't want that, well yes they may! I have been known to say no. We absolutely love it when someone wants to tip us, because it means you are happy with how the day went. What we would prefer is writing a killer review on Weddingwire, Facebook, Yelp or Google and then on Facebook groups if someone is looking for a vendor, give us a shoutout!
Other vendors include :
- DJ's/MC's/Band/Ceremony Musician
- Officiant, unless it is in a church/synagogue then you will be expected to donate to the institution
Thanks and happy planning!